If you think that chocolate is all the same, with pretty much the same ingredients, then think again. Dark chocolate has more antioxidants and less sugar than milk chocolate. Antioxidants are great for your health. Dark chocolate can also help lose weight.
Dark chocolate is one of the greatest pleasures in life. It makes people happy and provides them with a reliable source of happiness. In this blog, let’s learn how to make a snappy dark chocolate bar.
Tempered chocolate creates a smooth, glossy finish to your chocolate bar. Tempering is the process of getting a specific type of crystal formation in chocolate. It helps to have a very specific set of conditions in order to make sure you get the right crystals. For dark chocolate, this is called “beta” crystal formation, and the way you do this is by heating, cooling, and stirring your chocolate.
The low cost tempering method
The bain-marie method and the table tempering method is used in this blog.
Things to prepare
- A Bain-Marie setup. A water bath, also called a double boiler, is a great way to help control the temperature in your tempering. It works by allowing you to heat liquids below boiling point.
- A Granite work surface used for cooling chocolate.
- Bowl for your chocolate
- Temperature gun
- Preparing the hot water bath
- Bring some water to a boil.
- Transfer the boiling liquid to a container to create a double boiler.
- Melting the chocolate
- In a separate bowl, place the chocolate that needs to melt.
- And put it on top of the container with the hot water. Bain-Marie setup.
- Stir the chocolate till melted.
- Track the temperature up to 43 degrees Celsius
- Cooling the chocolate
- Pour the chocolate to the granite slab
- Spread it out and keep mixing it until the temperature reaches 26 degrees Celsius.
- Pour back into the bowl
- Put the chocolate bowl on top the hot water bath bowl.
- The chocolate should be heated once more until it reaches a temperature of 31–32 degrees Celsius.
- Stir the chocolate while you do this to distribute the temperature evenly.
- Temper test
- Take a small bit, place it on a spatula, and chill it for three minutes.
- The chocolate should have solidified after three minutes.
Your chocolate bar, molded and unmolded bonbons, or truffles can now be made with this tempered chocolate.
Cacao Rose Tea Blend₱120.00
Cacao Lavender Tea Blend₱120.00
Set B – 5 Chocolate Bars₱535.00
Set A – 5 Chocolate Bars₱515.00
Tablea de Cacao₱168.00
85% Cacao Bean-to-Bar Dark Chocolate Bar₱140.00
75% Cacao Bean-to-Bar Dark Chocolate Bar₱136.00
65% Cacao Bean-to-Bar Dark Chocolate Bar₱136.00
Sugar Free 75% Cacao Bean to Bar Dark Chocolate₱150.00